The Course in Molecular Epidemiology of Parasitic and Infectious Diseases, organized by the Institute of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine of NOVA University, Lisbon, Portugal, and Fundação Oswaldo Cruz, Bahia, Brazil, welcomes all students and scientists interested in this exciting area of research.
The impact of Molecular Epidemiology to address and tackle Global Public Health questions and problems greatly increased in recent years as new, robust, multidisciplinary approaches are becoming widely available.
In this first course several international recognized specialists from the USA, Brazil, and Portugal, will share their field experience and scientific knowledge in highly interactive theoretical and practical sessions.
The topics to be addressed are diverse, and cover a broad spectrum of utmost relevant areas in a constantly and quickly changing world. Welcome to Lisbon EpiMol 2016!
› PhD, MSc students, researchers and specialists interested in epidemiology research.
For more information, please contact: Celso Cunha (firstname.lastname@example.org) e Luzia Gonçalves (email@example.com)
- Lee W. Riley, University of California, Berkeley, USA
- Ronald Blanton, Case-Western Reserve University Cleveland, USA
- Albert Ko, Yale University, New Haven, USA
- Mitermayer Galvão Reis, Fundação Osvaldo Cruz, Bahia, Brasil
- Edison Duarte Moreira, Fundação Oswaldo Cruz, Bahia, Brasil
- Ana Abecasis, IHMT-UNL , Portugal
- João Pinto, IHMT-UNL, Portugal
- Ricardo Parreira, IHMT-UNL, Portugal
- Miguel Viveiros, IHMT-UNL, Portugal
- Maria Luísa Vieira, IHMT-UNL, Portugal
10 (IHMT, ITQB, NMS/FCM)
20 (for external students)
Start date: 11 January, 2015
End date: 16 January, 2015
Classes schedule: Monday to Friday, from 9.30 to 16.30
Topics to be covered
- Principles of molecular epidemiology
- Laboratory methods in molecular epidemiology
- Similarity and relatedness validation
- Stratification of data to refine study designs
- Epidemiological surveillance
- Outbreaks and endemic disease occurrences
- Bioinformatics in molecular epidemiology: Metagenomics and Whole Genome Sequencing
- Nosocomial infections, global surveillance systems and resistances
- Molecular epidemiology of viral infections
- Molecular epidemiology of parasites and vectors
- Population Genetics
Until 18 December, 2015
- Online Application form;
- Degree Certificate;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Copy of ID / Fiscal Card OU Citizens Card / Passport
NIB: 0010 0000 4092 5060 0018 8;
IBAN: PT50 0010 0000 4092 5060 0018 8;
The bank transfer proof should be attached into the application form.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.