IHMT’s research agenda is consolidated into thr R&D Centre GHTM – Global Health and Tropical Medicine (FCT: UID/Multi/04413/2013).
GHTM’s Thematic Lines are:
- Health challenges of travelers and migrants (HCTM)
aims at understanding health and health systems implications of travel and migration for the development of better policy, service delivery and clinical practice strategies.
Coordinator: Sónia F. Dias
- Emerging diseases and environmental changes (EDEC)
aims to understand the impact of environmental and climatic changes on the (re)emergence of infectious diseases and the geographic distribution of pathogens and disease vectors.
Coordinator: Isabel L. Maurício
The two Thematic Lines are operationalized within three Research Groups (RG):
- Vector borne diseases and pathogens (VBD)
Coordinator: João Pinto
- TB, HIV and opportunistic diseases and pathogens (THOP)
Coordinator: Miguel Viveiros
- Population health, policies and services (PPS)
Coordinator: Luís Lapão
Thematic Lines ans Research Groups figure