- +351 213 652 600
- +351 213 632 105
- Send Mail
Gilles Dussault is Professor at the Institute of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (IHMT), Lisbon, Portugal. Before joining IHMT in August 2006, he worked as Senior Health Specialist at the World Bank Institute (Washington D.C.).
He was responsible for regional activities of the Health Sector Reform and Sustainable Financing Program in French, Portuguese and Spanish-speaking countries. Between 1985 and 2000, he was Professor and Director of the Department of Health Administration, University of Montreal. He has taught in a number of countries, including one year at the National School of Public Health of Brazil.
He has published principally on topics related to the regulation and management of the health workforce. He collaborates to various editorial boards. He has collaborated with the European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies in a series of Policy Dialogues on the health workforce challenges in the European Union.
He has also participated in various working groups and committees of the World Health Organization (Headquarters and Europe Region).
The process of production and utilization of health services. Human resources of health development. The regulation of health care work. Training of health care managers.
- (2010) Dussault, G., Fronteira, I., (dir.) Análise dos recursos humanos da saúde (RHS) nos países africanos de língua oficial portuguesa (PALOP) (The situation of the health workforce in the PALOPS), WHO, Human Resources for Health Observer Series, no 2, Geneva (ISBN 978 92 4 859907 1), http://www.who.int/hrh/resources/observer2/en/index.html
- (2008) Dussault G., Vujicic M. Demand and Supply of Human Resources for Health. In: Kris Heggenhougen and Stella Quah, editors International Encyclopaedia of Public Health, Vol 2. San Diego: Academic Press: 77-84.
- (2008) Dussault, G., The health professions and the performance of future health systems in Low Income Countries: support or obstacle? Social Science and Medicine, Vol. 66,10: 2088-2095
- (2006) Dussault, G., Franceschini, M.C., “Not enough there, too many here: understanding geographical imbalances in the distribution of the health workforce” Human Resources for Health , 4:12 http://www.human-resources-health.com/content/pdf/1478-4491-4-12.pdf
- (2004) Chen, L. (dir.), Dussault, G., member of the research and writing team, Human Resources for Health: Overcoming the Crisis, Joint Learning Initiative, Cambridge (Mass.), Harvard University Press.