- +351 213 652 600
- +351 213 632 105
- Send Mail
Maria do Rosário Oliveira is Full Professor of Biostatistics and Deputy Director at Instituto de Higiene e Medicina Tropical, NOVA University of Lisbon, Portugal. She is also member of the NOVA General Council since 2009 and member of the board of the PhD Program in Global Public Health.
She is the coordinator of the Post-Graduate eLearning Program on Statistics Applied to Health. She is member of the Scientific Committee of the European Conference on Research Methodology for Business and Management Studies, of the European Conference on Information Systems Management and Evaluation and of the Iberian Conference on Information Systems and Technologies since 2009. She is member of the Ethical Committee for Research Investigation. She is WHO consultant for Health Information Systems (Health Observatory of the African Region). She has been vice President of the Scientific Council between 2010 and 2012.
She has been President of the NOVA eLearning Unit Mission, between 2007 and 2009. From 2004 until 2007, Maria do Rosário Oliveira Martins has been Pro-Rector of NOVA University of Lisbon, having implemented the NOVA eLearning Centre. She has been vice-Dean of the Institute of Statistics and Management Information between 2000 and 2010, where she was also President of the Pedagogical Board. She was Director of the undergraduate Program in Information Management for six years, and member of the NOVA University Senate for ten years. In 2007 and 2008 she was member of the Portuguese Statistical Council. She was consultant at the National Institute of Statistics during 8 years.
Maria do Rosário Oliveira Martins has a PhD in Economics (1999) at the Université Libre de Bruxelles with “La Plus Grande Distinction”, A Master degree in Econometrics (1995) at Université Libre de Bruxelles and Postgraduate Studies in Economics at NOVA School of Business and Economics. She has been member of the European Center for Advanced Research in Economics and Statistics (ECARES-Bruxelles) through 6 years. Currently she is Professor of Statistics, Research Methods and Econometrics. She has supervised 45 Master Dissertations and 5 PhD Theses.
She was Principal Investigator of 12 Research and Development Projects financed by national founds and she was Coordinator of one EU financed project and one International Project. At the present, she participates as Researcher in several National, EU funded and International Projects. She represents the NOVA University in several European networks, such as EUCEN and EULLearN.
She is author of 4 books and she has published more than 50 papers in National and International Scientific Reviews. She participates regularly in international conferences.
She was responsible by the course in Quantitative Methods in the joint Master Program between NOVA and Columbia University, in the field of Public Policies.
- Martins, M.R.O., Rodrigues, I.C., Rodrigues, T.F. (2014) Multistate projections by level of education for Portugal, 2011-2031, Journal of Population Research,31; 317-343.
- Dias, S., Marques, A., Gama, A., Martins, M.O. (2014) HIV Risky Sexual Behaviors and HIV Infection among Immigrants: A Cross-Sectional Study in Lisbon, Portugal. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health 11, 8552-8566.
- Dias, S., Gama, A., & Martins, M.O. (2013). Health status and preventive behaviors of immigrants by gender and origin: A Portuguese cross-sectional study. Nursing & Health Sciences. doi: 10.1111/nhs.12032.
- Dias, S.S., Valeska Andreozzi, Martins. M.O. (2013) Analysis of HIV/AIDS DRG in Portugal: a Hierarchical Finite Mixture Model, The European Journal of Health Economics, Oct;14(5):715-23.
- Dias, S, Gama, A, Cargaleiro, H, Maria O. Martins (2012) Health workers’ attitudes toward immigrant patients: A cross-sectional survey in primary health care services. Human Resources for Health, Volume: 10 Published: 2012.